The focus of the Economic Development Division will be to act as a resource in addressing workforce needs, business retention, prospect development and business relocations. The division will also foster partnerships and collaborations with other Fort Bend County efforts, to promote greater economic diversity, prosperity and sustainability in the Greater Fort Bend area.
- Facilitate a network of sharing between community economic development programs and business representatives to review economic issues, challenges, prospects and progress throughout the county.
- Generate understanding of the business climate in Fort Bend County through the assessment and implementation of studies focused on business retention, workforce development and target markets, all adding to the economic growth of the region.
- Continue to be a resource to new and first-stage businesses in Fort Bend County by providing information regarding permits, licenses, regulations and local contact information.
- Market Fort Bend County to potential business prospects through the development and distribution of marketing materials highlighting the positive aspects of the Fort Bend County business climate.
- Provide to businesses interested in relocating to Fort Bend County demographics, maps and general information via website or direct mail.
For more information contact Chelsea Erickson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-566-2151