Education is a key element in workforce quality, business recruitment and community growth. The Education Division seeks to enhance opportunities and identify resources for educational quality in our community by providing a common link between our educational institutions, industry leaders and the Fort Bend business community. We strive to build awareness of the importance of high quality public education to the social and economic well-being of the Fort Bend community.
- Invite, include, inspire and involve persons interested in making a difference through education in the community. This will include public education K12 school districts – Stafford Municipal School District, Ft. Bend Independent School District, Lamar Consolidated School District, Needville ISD and institutions of higher learning – UH Sugar Land, Houston Community College and Wharton County Jr. College.
- Learn about issues impacting K12, higher education and the community through informative speakers & seminars, board presidents, superintendents, and site visits.
- Educate community stakeholders through public meetings, access to informative written articles, networking opportunities and candidate forums. Yearly events include State of the Schools, State of Higher Education and Principal Appreciation Receptions.
- Legislative – spreading the sphere of influence.
- Support of Public Education legislative agendas and coordination with GFBEDC.
- Visit with elected officials.
- Provide proposed recommendations for changes.
- Coordinate with TASA/TASB.
- Support students with programs such as Youth in Philanthropy, student internships and scholarships.
For more information contact Sheridan Labbe at Sheridan@fortbendcc.org or 281-491-2152.